Contact Erica Davis (414) 267-2931 or firstname.lastname@example.org
First Stage presents its 56th world premiere with musical adventure ELLA ENCHANTED opening Friday, April 1
WHAT: First Stage’s ELLA ENCHANTED
WHERE: The Marcus Center’s Todd Wehr Theater, 929 N. Water Street, Milwaukee
WHEN: ELLA ENCHANTED April 1 – May 1, 2016
OPENING NIGHT PERFORMANCE: Friday, April 1 at 7:00 p.m.
Based on the book by Gail Carson Levine
Stage play and lyrics by Karen Zacarias
Music and additional lyrics by Deborah Wicks LaPuma
At birth, Ella of Frell was given the “gift” of obedience by a misguided fairy. She must obey any order given to her, whether it’s hopping on one foot for a day or chopping off her own head! Unwilling to accept her fate, strong-willed Ella embarks on a quest to reverse this curse, encountering ogres, giants, wicked stepsisters, fairy godmothers, and a handsome prince along the way. Your family will experience a fairy tale like no other in this world premiere musical adventure. For everyone ages 6 and up.
Tickets start at $15 and may be purchased online at www.firststage.org, through the Marcus Center Box Office at (414)273-7206.
ASL Interpreted Performance: Sunday, May 1 at 3:30 p.m. – this performance will be sign language interpreted for patrons who are deaf or have low hearing. Assistive listening devices are also available at the Todd Wehr Theater.
- Friday, April 1 at 7:00 p.m. – OPENING NIGHT
- Saturday, April 2 at 1:00, 3:30 & 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 3 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 6 at 7:00 p.m. – PAY WHAT YOU CHOOSE PERFORMANCE
- Saturday, April 9 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 10 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 16 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.*
- Sunday, April 17 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 23 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 24 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 30 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 1 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 1: Opening Night Reception – Following the opening night performance, First Stage invites all patrons to attend the Opening Night Reception at the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center, located one mile from the Marcus Center at 325 W. Walnut Street. Patrons can mix and mingle with the cast and crew of ELLA ENCHANTED while enjoying refreshments, courtesy of First Stage.
- Saturday, April 16: Extended talkback – Author Gail Carson Levine will participate in an extended talkback/Q&A session with the audience following the 3:30 p.m. performance of ELLA ENCHANTED at the Marcus Center’s Todd Wehr Theater, located at 929 N. Water Street, Milwaukee. Included with ticket to ELLA ENCHANTED.*
- Sunday, April 17: Author’s Brunch with Gail Carson Levine
First Stage will host an author’s brunch on Sunday, April 17 at 11:00 a.m. at the Intercontinental Hotel, Milwaukee. Guests will meet Gail Carson Levine, author of Ella Enchanted and be treated to a sneak peek of the show with First Stage Associate Artistic Director John Maclay and two featured young performers from the play. Tickets are $60/adult and $40/child and include brunch and activities, performance of ELLA ENCHANTED and one signed copy of the book per household. Tickets and information at FirstStage.org.