PHILANTHROPY, SERVICE & ADVOCACY
UPAF Notable Women, sponsored by BMO Harris Bank, brings together a powerful group of women dedicated to improving our community through philanthropy, service and advocacy.
UPAF Notable Women make a difference through:
· Uplifting proactive arts education solutions
· Engaging in performing arts service
· Elevating women’s leadership in the community
Women may join UPAF Notable Women with a donation of $1,000 or more. Men may also show their support by contributing on behalf of a Notable Woman in their lives.
Over the past several years, arts education resources in the classroom have seen a dramatic decline throughout Eastern Wisconsin. For example, there are about 80 art and music specialists for the nearly 80,000 students in Milwaukee Public Schools. Yet studies like the one conducted by the Northwestern Mutual Foundation have proven that:
· Arts education significantly improves a child’s emotional intelligence
· Arts programming also increases confidence, academic performance, innovative and critical thinking, and discipline, particularly for at-risk students
The Impact of Your Gift
With your $1,000+ donation to join the distinguished Notable Women group, you may designate a portion of your gift to one of UPAF's Community Impact Programs. Learn more about benefits and gift designation opportunities by clicking here.
To learn more about UPAF Notable Women, contact Angela Strelka, Development Director.
As a UPAF Notable Women Member, you will receive:
- Invitations to 3 annual arts education-focused programs
- Opportunity to serve on the UPAF Notable Women Council
BMO Harris Bank will match any new UPAF Notable Women gift (up to $40,000)
UPAF Notable Women Founding Members