Become an Affiliate
UPAF Affiliate Program
The UPAF Affiliate Program is an annual grant program that provides unrestricted funding to performing arts groups located in Eastern Wisconsin.
- UPAF selects Affiliates that reflect the excellence in performing arts available in the region.
- Organizations receiving UPAF funding through this program are required to use the dollars during the fiscal year for which the funds are granted.
- No guarantee of funding year over year is intended nor implied in the Affiliate program.
Important Information for 2023 Funding Cycle:
Applications for the 2023 Affiliate Funding Cycle are now closed. If you applied for a 2023 Affiliate grant, you will be notified of the results of your application in late September 2023. Applications for the 2024 Funding Cycle will open on June 1, 2024.
- An outside Review Panel consisting of local community leaders evaluates the funding requests and the UPAF Allocation Committee, Executive Committee and Board of Directors review their recommendations.
- Applicants may apply for up to 5% of their operating budget.
- Affiliate funding range: $1,000 to $15,000.
- Affiliate funding decisions are announced following UPAF Board approval in October.
- If selected as an Affiliate, the organization will receive grant payment in full once a Letter of Agreement has been signed and returned to UPAF.
- Affiliate will need to adhere to UPAF brand and recognition standards.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Affiliate Applicants:
- Applicant is tax-exempt under 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code for a minimum of 12 months prior to applying for UPAF funding.
- Organization compensates professional staff.
- Organization primarily serves residents in Southeastern Wisconsin – specifically, Milwaukee, Waukesha, Washington, Ozaukee, Racine, Kenosha and/or Walworth Counties.
- The mission of the organization is performing arts based.
- The applicant has an active Board of Directors.
- Principal objective of applicant is one of the following:
- Delivers high-quality productions using compensated professional artists; or
- Serves youth by providing compensated professional performing arts training. The training must culminate in a public performance(s).
Ineligible for Affiliate Status:
- Primary mission is not directly related to performing arts
- Government agencies or religious-based entities serving only individuals within their denomination
- School or community bands or choirs
- Clinics, lessons and/or workshop activities that do not culminate in a performance
- Individuals for any purpose