The UPAF Ride for the Arts, Sponsored by Miller Lite, is more than just a ride – it’s an opportunity for friends, families and coworkers to have fun and support our region’s world class performing arts organizations.
This year’s ride will take place on Sunday, June 4, 2017.
The UPAF Ride for the Arts, sponsored by Miller Lite is seeking volunteers to help with the Ride, click here to see all available volunteer opportunities
We’ll begin mailing Rider Packets in April, while your Ride T-shirt will be available for pick-up at Summerfest’s South Gate(at E. Summerfest Place & N. Lincoln Memorial, just outside of the South Gate Entrance) on:
Friday, June 2 – 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday, June 3 – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday, June 4 – 6:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Ride Day – redeem your T-shirt at the UPAF info booth)
What are the routes?*
This year we are excited to return to 5 total routes offering riders more choices.
Returning in 2017: the 25-mile, 45-mile, and 70-mile routes will travel over Milwaukee’s iconic Hoan Bridge.
||Link to Route Preview
|5-Mile “Youth” Route
|12-Mile “Family” Route
|25-Mile “Own the Hoan” Route
|45-Mile “Touring” Route
|70-Mile “Challenge” Route
*routes subject to change without notice
How much does it cost?
We are pleased to offer simplified and reduced pricing that rewards those who register early. The Ride for the Arts supports UPAF’s mission of raising much needed funds for our 15 Member Groups as well as the performing arts in Southeastern Wisconsin.
||Nov. 15 – Jan. 30
||Jan. 31 – Apr. 30
||May 1 – June 3
||Day of the Ride (June 4)
(25 miles or less)
(70 and 45-mile)
(12 or under)
- Support Southeastern Wisconsin’s vibrant and diverse performing arts scene
- We will have entertainment including performances from our Member Groups
- Everyone who registers for the Ride will be entered to win a pair of tickets from Southwest Airlines
- The 2017 UPAF Ride for the Arts, sponsored by Miller Lite, is Co-Chaired by three Milwaukee Bucks representatives: Peter Feigin, Bucks president, Craig Robinson, vice president of player and organizational development and former Bucks player Desmond Mason
- Show your creative side by participating in our first costume contest
Join us for the After Party at the Summerfest grounds!
We will host a celebration immediately following the Ride. Highlights include:
- An elaborate finish line grand stand, including an MC at the finish line
- Costume contest judging—children and families who Ride in costumes on the 5 and 12 mile routes will be entered to win a costume contest!
- As always, we’ll have free Miller Lite beer sampling, for those who are over 21
- Usingers is again providing free hot dogs
- We’ll have costumed performers at the After Party and entertainment from our Member Groups
- A large Kohl’s color wheel
- We’ll have vendor booths set up, featuring Elements Massage, Cycle Bar, Bublr Bikes, Colectivo Coffee, Levy Catering, Saz’s Catering, the Milwaukee Brewers, Wheel & Sprocket
- People who didn’t pick up their shirts on Friday or Saturday can pick up their shirts at the After Party
- Gather pledges for your Ride (registration fees only help to cover the cost of the event)
- All pledges will help UPAF cross the finish line and achieve a record-setting 50th Anniversary Campaign
- Johnson Financial Group will match pledges up to $25,000
- Pledge raising awards for top individual and team pledge raisers (the Chris Kegel award for top teams)
- Pledge prizes include a Trek bike, a Saris Bones bike rack, Miller Lite rolling cooler and two tickets to Summerfest, a commemorative UPAF Ride jersey, a UPAF SMART CARD and more!
- Volunteer before or during the Ride at ivolunteer.com
- A variety of positions are needed, including: Human arrows, drivers, registration table, sentries, Summerfest Oasis, route set up
- All volunteers receive a free tee shirt, and free entry into the after party on the Summerfest Grounds, including free food and drink!
RIDE FOR THE ARTS