The United Performing Arts Fund (UPAF) is a nonprofit, fundraising organization that solicits donations from individuals, corporations and foundations to support the performing arts in Southeastern Wisconsin. Without UPAF, many of our treasured performing arts groups would not be able to deliver entertainment excellence in theater, dance and music; provide arts education programming to underserved kids; or in most cases, sustain themselves. UPAF supports a breadth of performing arts groups that collectively offer something for everyone through its 14 Member Groups and up to 14 Affiliate Groups.
Statement of Intent of the Affiliate Program
The UPAF Affiliate Program is an annual grant program that funds projects and program grants provided by performing arts groups in Southeastern Wisconsin. UPAF selects Affiliates that reflect the excellence in performing arts available in the region. Organizations receiving UPAF funding through this program are required to use the dollars during the fiscal year for which the funds are granted. No guarantee of funding year over year is intended nor implied in the Affiliate program.
Funding priority will be provided to groups that apply for funding to be used for professional performances versus being used for
arts education programming.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Affiliate Applicants
- Applicant is tax-exempt under 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code, for a minimum of 12 months, prior to applying for UPAF funding.
- The mission of the organization is performing arts based.
- Principal objective of Applicant is one of the following:
- Delivers high quality productions using professional artists; or
- Serves youth by providing professional performing arts training. The training must culminate in a public performance of the funded experience.
- Applicant compensates both administrative staff and performers.
Ineligible for Affiliate Status
- Primary mission is not directly related to performing arts
- Government agencies or religious-based entities serving only individuals within their denomination
- School or community bands or choirs
- Clinics, lessons and/or workshop activities that do not culminate in a performance
- Individuals for any purpose
Important Information for 2018 Funding Cycle
- This year’s application due date is Friday, July 20, 2018.
- The application has been available since June 27, 2018.
- Login and password will be sent by email to organizations interested in applying.
- A maximum of 15 organizations will receive Affiliate funding on an annual basis.
- Applications are evaluated by an outside Review Panel consisting of local community leaders evaluates applications and the UPAF Allocation Committee, UPAF Executive Committee, and UPAF Board of Directors review their recommendations.
- Applicants may apply for up to 20% of their operating budget, but no more than 5% of the project or program.
- Grant ceiling: $20,000
- Affiliate funding decisions are announced following UPAF Board approval in late September/ early October.
- If selected as an Affiliate, the organization will receive grant payment in full once a Letter of Agreement has been signed and returned to UPAF.
- Affiliate will need to adhere to UPAF brand and recognition standards.
- Review the entire application and gather the needed information before entering any answers.
- Compose long answers in a program such as Microsoft Word then copy and paste your answers into the application form.
- Do not close your browser window without saving your progress. Your information will be lost.
To begin the process of applying to become an UPAF Affiliate Member, please fill out the form below. Login instructions will be emailed to you.
When you receive your login information, please proceed to the Affiliate Application page and use the login information provided.