October 30, 2018 [Milwaukee] – In Tandem Theatre is thrilled to present a new alternative holiday show called Merry Chris-Mess, by Anthony Wood (author of A Cudahy Caroler Christmas) with additional material by Lee Becker and Sean McKenna at the Tenth Street Theatre, 628 N. 10th Street, Milwaukee from November 30, 2018 – January 6, 2019. Tickets ($35) are available by calling the Tenth Street Theatre Box Office at 414-271-1371. Senior, student, military and group discounts are available. Visit www.intandemtheatre.org for more information, including specific show dates and times, or to order tickets online.
Now in its 21st season, In Tandem Theatre has been bringing alternative holiday hilarity to the stage since its beginning with wildly popular original shows including A Cudahy Caroler Christmas and A Twisted Carol. In Tandem’s Producing Director, Jane Flieller, will direct Merry Chris-Mess. “We look forward to the holidays every year,” Flieller said. “We love to present the nontraditional holiday offering – shows that are a little off-kilter for those patrons who like a lot of silly this time of year!”
This year, In Tandem whips up a perfect concoction of silly songs, hilarious sketches and a one-act parody called It’s A Life by Anthony Wood, author of In Tandem’s smash hit A Cudahy Caroler Christmas and Holiday Hell: The Curse of Perry Williams.
Merry Chris-Mess features a top-notch cast of talented local actors:
- Sean Duncan: In Tandem audiences last saw Duncan on our stage as Comet in the 2015 production of The Eight: Reindeer Monologues. Other companies for whom he has worked include Theater RED, Alchemist Theater, Memories Dinner Theater, and SummerStage of Delafield.
- Chris Flieller: Chris is co-founder and Artistic Director of In Tandem Theatre for whom he has played the role of Stasch Zielinski for nearly three hundred performances of A Cudahy Caroler Christmas. Recently, he was seen as Bellomy in In Tandem’s 2018 musical, The Fantasticks. Other local companies with whom he has acted include Skylight Music Theatre, Milwaukee Chamber Theatre, First Stage and Optimist Theatre.
- Emmitt Morgans: After receiving his BFA in Theatre Performance from UW-Whitewater in 2007, Morgans has appeared with many theatre companies around the Milwaukee area, including Optimist Theatre, Windfall Theatre, Skylight Music Theatre, Renaissance Theaterworks and Florentine Opera Company. Morgans makes his In Tandem debut with Merry Chris-Mess.
- Anna Otto: Otto graduated from Marquette University where she performed in many shows including Working the Musical (Delores, Candy, Amanda), Anything Goes (Ensemble), and Blithe Spirit (Mrs. Bradman). She has also performed with the West Allis Players and Greendale Community Theatre. Otto makes her In Tandem debut with Merry Chris-Mess.
- Gage Patterson: After graduating from Carthage College with a B.A. in Music Theatre, Patterson has worked with companies such First Stage, Three Brothers Theater, Transcendent Ensemble Theater Company, Shawnee Summer Theatre, and Lincoln-Way Summer Stock.
- Jocelyn Ridgely: In Tandem audiences will recognize Ridgely from past In Tandem holiday shows including A Twisted Carol (Mrs. Cratchit) and the 2005 production of Holiday Hell: The Curse of Perry Williams (Granny, Paperboy). Other companies for whom she has worked include Off The Wall Theatre, Boulevard Theatre, Skylight Music Theatre, and Milwaukee Chamber Theatre.
- Liz Shipe: Shipe returns to In Tandem’s stage after appearing in The Apple Tree and Jesus Christ Superstar. Other companies for whom she has worked include Milwaukee Metro Voices and Milwaukee Entertainment Group. In 2014, she was named as “one of the city’s most prolific playwrights” by MKE Lifestyle (formerly M: Milwaukee’s Lifestyle Magazine).
- Zach Thomas Woods: Woods returns to In Tandem’s stage after appearing as Jack Worthing in Ernest in Love and Benny in Holiday Hell: The Curse of Perry Williams. Other local companies with whom he has performed include Skylight Music Theatre, Milwaukee Chamber Theatre, and First Stage.
The design team for Merry Chris-Mess includes Chris Flieller (set design), Jonathan Leubner (sound design), Josh Robinson (musical director), Kathy Smith (costume design), and Joey Welden (light design).
Merry Chris-Mess is sponsored, in part, by Max Samson. Dave and Leslie Poethke will sponsor the opening night champagne reception and Diane Brown sponsors the New Year’s Eve reception. Season sponsorship comes, in part, the Wisconsin Arts Board, with funds from the State of Wisconsin and the National Endowment for the Arts, the United Performing Arts Fund, and CAMPAC (County Funding).