Senior Donor & Community Relations Specialist – Job Description
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Peers: Special Events Manager, Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator
Date Available: Immediate
Under the direction of the Chief Marketing Officer and Senior Director of Development & Community Partners, develop and manage programs to steward high-end donors, foster new relationships with community organizations and identify and segment new donor targets.
Develop and manage stewardship events to express appreciation of higher-end donors and prospecting events to secure new donors.
- Drive all aspects of appreciation events/activities for high-end donors (Artist Society, Golden Circle, UPAF Notable Women, etc.)
- Create and drive prospecting events to secure new donors (UPAF Notable Women, Purse Strings, Westside friendraisers, Planned Giving, etc.)
- Partnering with Special Events Manager, create and manage annual calendar of events to optimize resources and leverage donor touch points.
- Identify innovative opportunities to further enhance relationships through direct interactions with donors and prospects.
- Develop print and electronic materials for events/activities.
- Develop strategies to effectively promote events, meet attendance goals and attract new audiences.
- Provide ongoing evaluation of activities in meeting objectives.
- Develop and implement post-event communications.
- Partner with Development on prioritizing and soliciting prospective donors.
- Manage assigned budget.
Assist in executing an outreach strategy to establish and strengthen nonprofit partnerships that align with long-term development and marketing priorities.
- Target opportunities for growth, which include younger demographic, Westside (Waukesha County), diversity and planned giving.
- Create sponsorship proposals.
- Coordinate existing partnerships to ensure UPAF is fulfilling its obligation to nonprofits, Member Groups and, when appropriate, company sponsors.
- Define, monitor and track successes through metrics and targets.
- Communicate outcomes to stakeholders.
- Identify public forums and speaking engagements that allow UPAF to share its message and reinforce the value of the performing arts to the region. Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator in scheduling speakers as needed.
- Represent UPAF at events by hosting a booth, making a presentation and/or networking.
- Coordinate all post-event communications and touch points.
- Prioritize donor prospects.
Donor Segmentation and Prospecting
Support Marketing Manager in researching, identifying and segmenting prospective donors – individual and Workplace Giving candidates.
- Formalize and manage a “referral” program to leverage existing donor contacts.
- Work with the UPAF Board, Cabinet, Volunteer Solicitors and Next Generation UPAF Council on identifying and prioritizing high-opportunity prospects.
- Utilize online resources to develop feeder lists.
- Identify and develop communications, presentations, marketing materials and/or activities to cultivate relationships and touch points with prospects.
Education: Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing or Business preferred.
Job related experience:
- A minimum of three years of community relations and event management experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Solid nonprofit contacts within the community.
- Proven ability to network and develop strong relationships throughout the community.
- Strong written, and verbal skills, and an aptitude for innovative thinking and creative problem solving.
- Development and/or marketing experience a plus.
Commensurate with experience with full benefits inclusive of health insurance, life and long term disability insurance, savings retirement plan.
Apply by including your resume and cover letter stating your interest and qualifications for the job. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.